I have this Cyber Sisters Group on facebook that goes way back. WAY BACK. To before facebook. When we used to blog. And our project this week is to photograph our bags. To see what's in our purses we tote EVERYWHERE.
‚ÄúBoys are like purses. You're always gonna have that one boy that you're always comfortable with and you know you'll always kind of like. That's your purse that you wear everywhere. Then you have that gorgeous bag that you want everyone to see you with but the gorgeous bag is usually an asshole or costs a lot of money. Then you have those other purses that you really like but you really don't want to be seen with‚Äù
Okay, I'm so past the boyfriend stage, but you get the idea. I keep all my purses and I rarely change, but I have some beautiful bags.
So, the bag I carry EVERYWHERE is an Orla Kiely. I adore her fabric prints and had to have the purse when I spotted it several years ago. I even bought the matching wallet. Oh, my gosh! I never do that. But the wallet is super cool and super flat and fits into my shoot sac when I'm out and about. So, I then went and bought one for my sister so we could have matching wallets. Some choose jewelry, I'm a bag/wallet hound. LOL
It holds a lot. More than what you would think. And it's perfect for the car. It sits on the floorboard by my feet next to the door and doesn't fall flat or tip over or spill it's contents when driving. VERY IMPORTANT.
Now, you can tell a lot about a person's life when you get a glimpse of their bag. I'm sure there's even a therapist around that could analyze my bag. Here's a quick overview of all the crap that was inside that bag.
- the purse
- papers of the barstools and couches I love from Crate and Barrel. I'm a big believer in seeing is believing and I'm going to will these things into my life. And if there are sitting there by my wallet it will keep me from spending and saving more for those things. That's the plan anyway.
- Gold Bond Ultimate Healing (more on that below)
- receipt holder
- check book. Does anyone even really write these anymore? It stays in a zippered pocket in the bag along with...
- my passport
- camera cap. We had a game last night and I threw it in there instead of just thrown in my shoot sac.
- car charger to my iPhone.
- GUM! A must for any coffee drinker
- store cards. Okay, what do you guys do with yours? They won't fit in the wallet but anywhere you go anymore they give you a card and ask you for it when you shop. So I just rubber banded them and stuck them in a pocket in my purse.
- my Abuelo's apple (see below)
- my cool matching wallet
- broken iPhone case. After taking this photo, I removed it from the purse. I have no idea where the bottom is. If I find it, it wouldn't be broken anymore.
- coin purse (more below)
- favorite pen
- BCBG makeup bag that has nail file, lip chap, mirror, etc. Keeps that stuff from rolling around my purse bottom and junking the place up. I found this bag on a girl's trip with Toni several years ago and I adore it! It does it's job well.
- garage door opener. We went in the van last night to the game in Brownfield so I needed a way back into the house.
- Expodisc (more later)
- reading glasses. Yes. I've become that girl. sigh
- sun glasses. I buy the cheap ones so if I lose them, I'm not sad. I've had this pair for almost a year.
- business card from guy that was helping me try and find knock off brand of bar stools for my office.
- tools that help me put kick ass table back together that I found at a real steal for my office. EXCITED! Don't worry, I'll blog here when I get her done.
BEST thank you gift EVER!
This can be used over and over as many times as you like. LOVE this little apple.
I carried around a card cubby for a while. Even gave a few as gifts one Christmas,however, it took up too much room in my purse and digging through it in the check out line, I always felt I was holding things up. If you would please share what you do with all your store cards that works for you, I would totally appreciate it.
This little coin purse was given to me by a friend and I love it! It's the perfect size for keeping my ear phones in and them not getting tangled up. Not sure where she got it, but it's a good thing that's for sure.
Another favorite of mine is this .99 pickup at Target that I've had for YEARS. It keeps all my receipts so they are easy to find and balance the check book. I also keep checks in here before I deposit them to the bank. This is an easy way to stay organized for cheap.
LOVE this stuff! It's the one lotion I can use and still drive and still work. Oh, and it doesn't smell so it doesn't clash with your perfume or body spray.
Inside of my kick butt wallet. Lots of card space, money space and zipped coin department.
I mainly only use this when I shoot the insides of gyms. It makes me feel professional for sure because no one has any idea what it is. HA! No really, it helps you set a custom white balance on your camera in places where the lighting is funky. You can read more about it HERE.
If you are interested in reading more Cyber Sisters Posts, just click the category tab up in the menu bar.
See you next time!